v002 Model Loader for VDMX (beginner)

hellopiccadilly's picture

Hi, firstly sorry for being absolutely beginner..

I use vdmx (some standard plugins and what I can find in internet) So, usually I just put qtz-composition in qcFX folder and I can see it in "assets" in vdmx. But if I put this composition (example.qtz) in qcFX, I can't see it in vdmx.

1) Can you help me adapt example.qtz (from v002 Model Loader (Beta 2)) for using it in vdmx (assets) with some sliders to rotate the model like in QC 2) It actually works if use it like a source, but still I can't rotate it like in QC (only x, y, z, there is no sliders to rotate it)

Maybe you have some composition which you use in vdmx when work with 3dmodels.

Thank you so much and best regards, Vasily.

p.s. I attached screen of example.qtz

PreviewAttachmentSize
Screen Shot 2012-10-31 at 3.04.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-10-31 at 3.04.57 PM.png180.35 KB

cybero's picture
Re: v002 Model Loader for VDMX (beginner)

Try http://v002.info and http://vidvox.net/ for v002 and vdmx related support enquiries.

Might simply be a matter of whereabouts your VDMX is looking for your qcfx which is usually set to your Library/Application Support/VDMX folder.

actually the main problem, that I can rotate it... There are only sliders moving on x,y,z. I suppose it's possible to add some sliders to rotate, I just don't know how to do that.

cybero's picture

are you running a licensed or a demo version of VDMX?

destroythings's picture

Try this.

Works fine for me in the latest VDMX beta.

PreviewAttachmentSize
v002modelloaderExample.qtz13.89 KB

destroythings's picture

Note the sliders it create for the X,Y rotation come up as position in vdmx when the are actually the rotation.

See picture.

PreviewAttachmentSize
xyrot.jpg
xyrot.jpg86.51 KB

cybero's picture

No doubt that you can drop the example you posted into the bins but it won't be available as a VDMX Asset listed item unless the composition is stored with appropriate permissions - unless I'm very much mistaken. I am not system and staff is not _lpadmin, even if everyone is everyone - do you see what I'm posting about in the picture?

PreviewAttachmentSize
SoSimilarButWithDifferingPermissions.png
SoSimilarButWithDifferingPermissions.png175.67 KB

destroythings's picture

Yes i can see.

I just tested and your correct that it wont show up in the assets folder.

Although if a comp has a InputImage it can be place in the qc sources folder but when i tried with this patch that didnt work either.

cybero's picture

I'm just beginning to look through this source reference http://vidvox.net/wiki/index.php/Quartz_Composer - probably the best place to begin with rather than hazarding guesses as I've been doing and basing your workflow from hereonin upon such guesses [of mine or anyone else's] - just saying •~

destroythings, thx. That's what I really needed! At least I can rotate it)) Cool, thank you so much!!

So, it would be useful to know: How did you add "rotation" in lighting column...?)

destroythings's picture

By publishing the inputs of x,y,z rotation on the model loader plugin.

If you dial down to the lowest level of the patch "double click on the boxes with square edges" you will see the v002ModelLoader plugin.

Right click>Publish Input then select what you wish to publish. Then go up each level and repeat the step until your at top again.

With Kineme core installed you can right click>publish all to root.

destroythings's picture

I think thats the old wiki for b7.

Although a lot may be the same .

The updated page that has yet to have any quartz info added.

http://vidvox.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page#Quartz_Composer

destroythings, wow, thx!)) Now I've got at least +0.1% to QC skill