v002 Film: Lomo QC plugin problem

ellenpan's picture

Hi, I am totally new to QC. I want to create a composition which content a video with v002 Film: Lomo Effect. So I use: clear, billboard, v002:Film Lomo patches and also a video clip that directly drag from finder. but I really don't know how to connect the patches correctly. I am able to render image from video clip to billboard, but not when I try to link the plugin.

I know it may be too simple to ask here, but I just can't figure it out. Thanks!

ELlen

cybero's picture
Re: v002 Film: Lomo QC plugin problem

Like this.

See attached example.

Hope that helps.

BTW - no such thing as too simple or too stupid a question IMHO :-).

[takes intelligence to ask]

PreviewAttachmentSize
simplev002Lomo.qtz4.01 KB

ellenpan's picture

Hi cybero,

Thanks to your generous support. : ) So the video clip and lomo plugin have to connect through the "image output splitter" from video patch, right?
I am confused to the link rules between consumers, providers and processors... especially when English is not my native language. Is there any tutorial that describe those rules in detail?

Anyway, glad to have this forum and all you generous people here.

cybero's picture

Image, Movie or Video Input through an Image Input Splitter to the Image input on the v002 Film:Lomo plugin, the image output of which goes to your rendering patch. [Input, Consumer / Processor, Output / Renderer is the route].

That is how the example posted is set up.

You can ditch the input splitter patch though, if you so wish.

The v002 Film:LUT plugin is used to provide the LUT conformant image input to the LUT input upon the v002 Film:Lomo plugin.

You could also resize a given image input to 1024 * 1 to provide the Look Up Table for the colour values to be sampled. Typically this will be a static image. You can have lots of fun with doing a resizing of a video input, such as the one you are wanting to modify with a Look Up Table image.

See attached feedback loop. Kind of 'breaks the rules' , but in a nice way I think.

:-)

cybero

PreviewAttachmentSize
simplev002Lomo_Loop.qtz16.42 KB

ellenpan's picture

Hi cybero, sorry for my late reply and thanks a lot! That really helps with different ways to produce image. Although I still stuck in many other puzzles in QC, I find examples from library are useful most of the time. :)

Another quick question if you please? I downloaded this cloud example file, but when I open it the cloud is no keying at all. Is there any patch missing or the blend mode setting incorrect? thanks again.

the original link address:

http://www.quartzcompositions.com/phpBB2/upload/details.php?file=10066

Ellen

PreviewAttachmentSize
upload-1240885281-Clouds_01.qtz101.53 KB

cybero's picture

I'm guessing you mean that the cloud image doesn't key into the v002 Lomo setup correctly?

Incidentally the cloud image gets inverted in the example from quartzcompositions.com.

PreviewAttachmentSize
LomoClouds.qtz143.13 KB

ellenpan's picture

I mean my cloud is like this. (attached) How to get it keying?

PreviewAttachmentSize
cloudqtz.jpg
cloudqtz.jpg66.52 KB