_1024_GL_Circle plugin

franz's picture

Plugin to render an openGL circle. Not perfect but still quite handy in some situations.

more info on the blog www.1024d.wordpress.com

[video http://www.vimeo.com/10333128}

PreviewAttachmentSize
_1024_GL_Circle.zip14.17 KB

les's picture
Re: _1024_GL_Circle plugin

Thank you very much for your works!

toneburst's picture

Wow, you're really on a roll with the QC plugins. I'll have to pick your brain on this at some point. I really want to start making custom patches soon.

Maybe next week, when work isn't so hectic.

Keep up the great work.

a|x

usefuldesign.au's picture

Thanks, previously used the NI one but that's not good for travel. Is your plug-in available to distribute with comp zips?

franz's picture

sure, no problem

cybero's picture

I ran into an interesting conundrum with your plugin, which I really like BTW.

Although I can get it to randomly iterate in QC, I cannot offline render such a composition successfully.

Is this a known problem or an unknown glitch I've just been unfortunate enough to experience?

The composition that creates the problem is one wherein a standard Graphics Animation Template but with your plugin patch replacing the sprite.

Post Script

Looks like the problem is with paced and integrated animations in Quartz Crystal and not specifically your plugin at all. [You'll no doubt be relieved to read]

gtoledo3's picture

The problem can't simply be with the combo of Pace/Integration and Quartz Crystal - Rings.qtz renders correctly, as do a handful of other compositions I quickly tested. There must be some other aspect of the composition (?).

cybero's picture

possibly down to the recursive Droste?

Still trying to figure it out :-)

franz's picture

mmm, i don't think this comes from my plugin. I've successfully managed to use it with quartzCrystal (hence the vimeo video). I'm happy someone is using this plug tho'.

cybero's picture

It's looking more and more like a result of combining stuff that works AOK on its own and / or with other stuff, but put iteration, render in image, image energy and droste together and somehow , probably my bad work more likely than not, it fails to offline render.

Actually, to be precise, it renders faithfully [for a while] and then fails :-)

franz's picture

note that _1024_GL_Circle will loose its anti-aliasing when placed in a Render in Image patch. Still looking for a workaround.

gtoledo3's picture

I think we need a mega-RII hack... unless I'm severely wrong, there is nothing you can do to your plugin.

Maybe if we had a plugin that loaded a 10.5-esque RII (instead of the whackadoo SL RII), with optional MSAA, in place of the normal QC RII, in a simultaneously pleasant but disgusting hack. I don't think anyone is itching to get into the quagmire of adding multisampling to the Render In Image, but I sure would like to be proven wrong.

franz's picture

Updated to version 1.2

More info on 1024_blog