1024_perspective Mac OSX 10.7 / 10.8

eugenyo's picture

I´m a, i did a lot of video content for theater! So i use 1024_perspective combined with q-lab, a very reliable combination to map your footage and have a stable playlist! Till last week i was a happy user of a Macbook pro with Snow leopard, and after 4 years i decided to change to a new mac, this time with OSX Lion and since this morning Mountain lion, and i could not make 1024_perspective work properly! I don´t see the handles, so it´s impossible to make the distortion! And if i try to change it manually, thru the Parameters, it says "INF" or "NA" instead of values!?!?!? I tried some patches from older shows, that i already have modified with my old mac, and the distortion works. Only taking the already distorted parameters and without the handels system! Any idea what could happen? Thanks Eugenio

AlessandroPalmeri's picture
Re: 1024_perspective Mac OSX 10.7 / 10.8

Hi Eugenyo, there is a bug in the "interaction" plug-in. I'm not a programmer but I make this with 1024_perspective and 1024_Structure tools plug-in to use with the precious 1024 perspective patch. :)

PreviewAttachmentSize
new perspective ok.qtz112.56 KB

dust's picture
Re: 1024_perspective Mac OSX 10.7 / 10.8

its odd and a noted bug where the interaction patch reports INF which puts your handels off the screen somewhere in infinit space. this bug broke some of my apps unfortunately... interestingly enough the interaction.qtz example patch seems to work fine for me. indeed if you download 1024 perspective and load the example it will not work. why ? i can not say why, as i would only be guessing and thats really a waste of time....

however it seems to me the issue is with the interaction patches offsets. for instance if you make a blank file add an interaction patch then a circle etc... you can move things around no problem. save the file open again working ! once you add an offset to the interaction patch and save it is where the problem occurs. open this file again and the interaction patch reports INF. set interaction offsets back to zero save the file open again and viola working ?

so there are various solutions to this problem. one has already been posted. another would be to use a multiplexor to create an initial offset and keep the interaction patches offsets set to zero. one would need to do this if they where saving there perspectives anyway.

PreviewAttachmentSize
1024_perspective.qtz88.01 KB