KinemeCore 0.5.1

cwright's picture

Hey everyone --

Just released kinemecore 0.5.1 (a small update to KinemeCore 0.5) -- it fixes a few issues that some users reported. If you've experienced any of them, or are running 0.5 but haven't noticed them, you should upgrade for improved stability.

Apologies for letting those slip through testing :/

http://kineme.net/release/KinemeCore/05

franz's picture
Re: KinemeCore 0.5.1

hi, i just installed 0.5.1, seemed to go fine, but console says : 1/5/10 3:14:18 PM Quartz Composer[34794] *** : Bundle at path "/Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Patches/KinemeCore.plugin" is not a valid Graph Foundation plug-in

Am i missing something ? 10.6.1 / QC in 64bit mode / MBP unibody

cwright's picture

anything in console before that? I just tried it on my 10.6.2 machine and nothing went wrong for me (both 32 and 64bit modes).

Can you remove the plugin, and try again (or, even better, zip up what it installed, and email it to me so I can check it out)

itsthejayj's picture

Right click add notes > set colour > 'others?' :) thats new ;) excellent work all round

cwright's picture

oops, that's an experiment :) (it only ever sets the first note, even if you click on other notes to set their colors).

franz's picture
Re: KinemeCore 0.5.1 / just a thought

If i may suggest an extra feature, it would be nice to mimic vvvv's snapshot function: it sends (on user's demand) a viewer snapshot to KnM, to display online> That would be pretty cool....

see here for the original: http://vvvv.org/tiki-browse_gallery.php?galleryId=11

clearly shows who's working on what, whithout having to post video, text,or qtz .... IMHO, this is great for inspiration.

cwright's picture

On the KinemeCore side, this would be very very simple. However, I'm not sure how much work it'd take to get the server-side stuff happy with it.

I really like this idea though (along with being able to auto-post full compositions to the repository w/o needing to deal with a web browser) -- very exciting :)

smokris's picture

I really like this idea, too. The server-side element shouldn't be too difficult either. Investigating.

cybero's picture

When I went to look athe url provided it was down due to an excess of requests being made - too many connections SQL server problem - SQL very chatty.

I do like the idea though and have seen it when active, however, it does speak volumes of usage and need for appropriate scaling.

gtoledo3's picture

Awesome. I wonder how many cool shots would exist... it's so easy to work past a cool look and not realize it. With something like that, it would kind of be a prompt.

.lov.'s picture

Awesome! Most awesome patch ever! Thanks guys, this rocks!

jersmi's picture

FYI- it appears KinemeCore was crashing QC4 on my laptop yesterday (MBP 2.16, X1600). Went through a series of crashes with a comp made in QC3, kept stripping things out, restarting, then started over with a new clean layout, all crashing. Ended up removing / reinstalling KinemeCore and all appears to be fine again.

It was like a dirty trick -- crashes caused by the great plugin that saves crashes!

Let me know if I could send anything helpful.

cwright's picture

~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Quartz Composer*.crash would be handy -- please zip them and email to info@kineme.net

dust's picture

so this is the best kcore yet. im wondering is the only way to get rid of the editors controls to open the extra editor and open and hide the original editor. also making the slim viewer is that not possible anymore. just wondering on leopard i got used to using kcore with slim everything and no control buttons. then SL came out kcore was buggy and i switched back to having the controls etc.. but now that we have this brilliant new kcore is there a reason the old functions where negated ?

cwright's picture

slim titlebars used some undocumented functionality of AppKit that was removed in 10.6. As such, it's no longer possible to change a normal window to a utility window on the fly (at least, not that I've been able to find). You can still click the toolbar button and roll up the toolbar, at which point you'll just have a slightly thicker titlebar.

regarding the editor, I'm not sure I understand the question.

dust's picture

sorry i can be daft sometimes yeah the toolbar button does what i used to only be able to do in kcore on leopard. haha its funny i guess i didn't even need kcore to get rid of the toolbar. thanks chris that answers my question. i guess as you can tell i don't use the toolbars, thats apparent because i have never clicked the toolbar button in which case i would have known how to make the toolbar disappear. i think i vaguely remember that in the docs or at least i thought the docs mentioned being able to add or change the toolbar buttons. thanks again brilliant kcore is.

ayalacortes's picture

Hi,

I have the preferences in QC set to do nothing in the application startup options. I just noticed the KinemeCore icon doesn't start until you actually open one composition or start a new one.

Is KC starting only when a new window is created or is it loaded when QC starts?

regards,

jp

smokris's picture

QC doesn't probe plugins until either a composition is opened/created, or the Patch Creator window is opened. KinemeCore can't load (and thus install its menu icon) until plugins are probed.

mymurat's picture

Is there a way to run a transparent viewer also in fullscreen mode?

gtoledo3's picture

That's interesting. I have my settings set to "do nothing", but when I start QC, the Patch Library window always opens automatically. For a brief moment it reads "Pop Up" in the Patch Library, but the K is always at the top of the menu bar from opening QC; there's never any lag. I wonder what accounts for the difference (maybe the crash reporting being enabled?).

cwright's picture

The patch creator's on-screen state is saved when you exit QC -- thus if you always leave it open (like I often do) you'll always load plugins on startup. If you're in the habit of closing it, it won't load them if there's nothing on-screen when you start it.

gtoledo3's picture

Oh cool. Yeah, I never close it. Laziness leads to win in this case ;) !