Glitch in "render in image", comp attached

clockworkpictures's picture

Hi all :-) I'm doing my homework and by following a popular tutorial on how to create a siple audio vu-meter, I tried to make a macro of it, put that into a "render in image" patch, with the intent of feeding the output to 1024_perspective patch: final result should be to be able freely distort a set of vumeters for a basic mapping exercise.

what I get is an error in rendering (see attached comp) (wich is quite nice, I always keep there "incidents" and reuse them elsewhere"): any hint on how to obtain a correct result? thanks in advance, greets from Italy :-)

my setup: MBP 17" 2.66 Core 2 Duo 8 GB ram OSX 10.6.8 NVIDEIA Geforce 9400M

PreviewAttachmentSize
perspective vumeter.qtz7.75 KB

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

cybero's picture
Re: Glitch in "render in image", comp attached

This one's easier than you might think at first to sort out.

I also like glitches, clockworkpictures.

Your problem is caused by the lack of a clear patch inside of your RII macro patch.

See fixed item attached .

I've put two clears in, one at the topmost level one and one within the RII Macro patch and published up the Enabling port for both Clear patches with explicit terms.

You could get by with only one inside the RII Macro and who knows, depending upon how and where you deploy, that might best suit you.

Have a nice day.

PreviewAttachmentSize
perspective vumeter fixed.qtz9.14 KB

clockworkpictures's picture
Re: Glitch in "render in image", comp attached

haha! great! was so easy... thanks, and BTW a BIG thank you for everything I've learned from your previous posts!

cybero's picture
Re: Glitch in "render in image", comp attached

Given a recent and atypical failure of service in that regard that is thoroughly salutary and well received here indeed.