v002 Movie Player reset position

xniala's picture

Hello,

I'm new in QC and English is a foreign language, so excuse me in advance. I spend couples of hours reading posts, but I'm still having an issue with a simple thing :

I would like to reset a movie after it had been played. Its duration is longer than the duration I've set (with a "conditionnal" and "stop watch") So when it starts again, it continues after the last stop and not from the beginning.

I hope I'm clear enough... I also tried playing with the “playhead" without success. How can I reset it ?

Anyone has a suggestion ?

Thanks, regards

Alain

scalf's picture
Re: v002 Movie Player reset position

Hey Alain,

I am right there with you, I was using this patch the other day and noticed that it did not have the very handy functionality of a "reset button".

I found you can trick it by having the play head toggle from 0 to 0.001 and it will reset it but it is not glamorous or a solid solution.

Anyone else figure out a way to reset using this patch?

xniala's picture

Hello,

I've done some tests with Mathematical Expression in a blank composition and I thought it was the answer, but after putting it in my project it doesn't work. I've tried several position for the "trigger" with no success.

In the case shown in the PNG, the conditional is true when the first value is greater than zero, with a little tolerance.

I don't know what's wrong but I'm feeling close for the Eureka...

Thanks anyway

Alain

PreviewAttachmentSize
math expression _ trigger playhead.png
math expression _ trigger playhead.png123.47 KB

scalf's picture

I think you'll want to try this:

Run your Movie Duration and your Current Movie Time into the conditional.

So that IF the Current Movie Position is EQUAL TO your Movie Duration, THEN trigger the playhead. Triggering could be running that conditional's result into a multiplexer with values 0 and 0.001 respectively. I have found this way works but is not ideal

xniala's picture

Scalf, thank you for your answer and excuse me posting late...

I had to delay this work for a most urgent one. I will try this later and post comments after.

Regards

xniala's picture

Long time ago, I know...

After this work involving many "movie player", multiplexer, conditional in my composition, I'm still thinking a "reset position" input would be very useful.

When a movie has been played one time, the playhead stays at the end of the movie. So later when another "play" is asked, the last frame is displayed very shortly before the movie starts. It's annoying.

With a "reset position" input, I could order a reset after each play and not seen this ghost image.

Une idée à deux balles (my 2 cents in french)

Regards