Console Message <WARNING> QCProvider_CoreGraphics: Unable to extract native pixel format from CGImage (bitmap info = 0x00000005

cybero's picture

This error message crops pup with persistent frequency , especially when loading graphic resources into render patches for textures or main display.

<WARNING> QCProvider_CoreGraphics: Unable to extract native pixel format from CGImage (bitmap info = 0x00000005 | bits per pixel = 32)

I can find only one prior referent to this particular error message is here http://kineme.net/composition/gtoledo3/MotionTrackingCIDissolveApp#comme...

cwright's picture
Re: Console Message <WARNING> QCProvider_CoreGraphics: ...

Can you find a composition that reliably triggers this, and file a bug report? (I think I saw some research on this message, but I don't know if a resolution was found, or if it's even the same message; looks similar though)

pro-tempo's picture

Absolutely - will do on my return to my desktop - currently posting via pro-tempo [@cybero]. It will be a surprisingly simple one too :-)

cybero's picture

As previously promised earlier today under the pro-tempo log-in - a very simple 32 bit GF Log error message maker. [4.42KB]

Like almost all such error messages received of this specific type, the file renders perfectly, but the GFLog, nonetheless contains the reported 32 bit error message upon opening and running the Viewer for the .qtz file.

This might be iMac specific, I suppose.

Post Script

Not an iMac specific problem.

The frequent occurrence of this error message when GF Log is enabled is entirely down to the fact that GF Log will capture any error events, including those generated when a composition is simply starting up and seeking resources.

Thus any composition with an active render patch can provoke such a message.

When it is a repeated message relating to the same composition, it will be worth paying closer attention to though.

PreviewAttachmentSize
Simple32biterrormaker.qtz4.42 KB