_1024_GL_BezierSurface

franz's picture

A brute force plugin to help project images on curved surfaces. Download from www.1024d.wordpress.com

gtoledo3's picture
Re: _1024_GL_BezierSurface

You're really rocking it out!

This is the softRect cikernel I was mentioning on your blog; just found it.

PreviewAttachmentSize
softRect.qtz1.46 KB

franz's picture

thanks GT ! I added the SoftRec in the example patch. The difference is subtle, but quite nice. Good recalling of yours.

benoitlahoz's picture

Great ! And extremely generous ! Thanks for this XMas !

dust's picture

so trying this bezier mapping out. its a lot harder than i thought it would be. eventually i will use photo's to derive a model to map once this model has been fully fabricated.

PreviewAttachmentSize
Screen shot 2010-12-22 at 7.36.31 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-12-22 at 7.36.31 PM.png493.02 KB

benoitlahoz's picture
Brush & warp _1024_GL_BezierSurface

A great tool ! And so fluid !

I made this attached comp to "brush & warp" the 16 points. The tension and the frictions are configurable, so it makes very different results.

To have it static, just set the tension to 0 and a higher level of friction.

It needs work, but that's a first shot.

Thanks again for this !

franz's picture

using a photography from the point of view of your projector will be much easier in this case.

franz's picture
Re: Brush & warp _1024_GL_BezierSurface

wow, great effect ! (I entered the pink macro and saw your noodling nightmare !!! ouch !)

dust's picture
Re: Brush & warp _1024_GL_BezierSurface

sweet if this does what think it does should make things easier. as without using some mouse input it's rather difficult to move the shape around. was thinking i would have to build a system to move the points around with the mouse. will look at this when Im on my computer. been thinking about this was going to go maybe with demultiplexer and a counter on the index so I would just hit space or what ever to swith mouse input. defiantly want to try brushing the shape.