For your homography needs....

Download from: 1024 Blog

photonal's picture
Re: _1024_Perspective Plugin

thanks very much for sharing that!

really great

gtoledo3's picture

Cool. More straightforward than CIPerspectiveTransform (which does the same thing stock, put with pixel coords).

franz's picture

You're right ! As a sidenote, the problem with CIPerspective is that it works on pixels, thus a 2048*2048 image will be much more taxing your GPU than with _1024_Perspective, as the latter only modifies the openGL matrix (which does the matrix calculation on the CPU btw).

gtoledo3's picture

:-) No one ever thinks of that one and it's built in! There area also two plugins that manipulate the matrix - one is the matrix from kineme, and the other is a NI thing. With the right math, it works fine. None of those are as straightforward as this, and simple in approach.

I have a GLSL and an OpenCL solution to this that avoids the skewed grid inaccuracy of the old msa glsl quad warp and the tedium (to me) of messing with u/v stuff on the kineme GL Polygon. This does that also, and is very very nice, and I think I would/will probably use it plenty, regardless of having setups that accomplish the same thing.

I've really wished for a patch somewhat like this where (this will sound like crazy overkill) each corner had a translation like this, but in x/y/z AND with x/y/z origins! That sound so overkill, but there's been some stuff I've wanted to pull off. I know I can do it from scratch but haven't had the time either.

franz's picture

quote : "I have a GLSL and an OpenCL solution to this that avoids the skewed grid inaccuracy"

would you mind sending me these in private to my mail adr. ?