KinemeCore, v0.6.0 with 10.8.5

Scratchpole's picture

Hello all, I gave up using Kcore with 10.8 a while back and have missed it's presence. So I was glad to see you say it is tested on 10.8 now. Sadly it is not working for me at all. I placed it in /Users/[me]/Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Patches/ as instructed and tried it in /Library/Quartz Composer Patches/ but nothing happens. It's not loading.

cybero's picture
Re: KinemeCore, v0.6.0 with 10.8.5

About the only thing that occurs to me is to try rewriting permissions for your disk, or uninstall Kineme Core completely then re-install. Kineme Core 0.6.0 is working for me on my ML installation.

Scratchpole's picture

I have not done a permissions repair yet but I did notice one thing... Get info on the plugin reveals that it is set to open with Terminal. Is that right?

gtoledo3's picture

The default in "open with" shouldn't be having any interplay on whether the plugin loads. (For example, Finder thinks my default is to open it with PixelShox Studio.app). QC just looks in the valid folders when it's started to load whatever is there. Maybe there's a chance that download of the plugin was corrupted? Maybe the folder name has wrong spacing or something, if it was done from scratch?

gtoledo3's picture

I just noticed I'm on 10.8.4.

Does anyone specifically have 10.8.5 and not have this happen? Is it an os version issue?

smokris's picture

KinemeCore 0.6.0 loads for me on 10.8.5 (screenshot attached). I ran through the features briefly and didn't notice any issues.

@Scratchpole, are other Kineme plugins loading for you? Do you get any Console messages when you start QC?

PreviewAttachmentSize
Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 12.50.20.png
Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 12.50.20.png179.71 KB

3lab_VJ's picture

No errors or conflicts with nearly the same configuration...

PreviewAttachmentSize
no-errors_10.8.5-QC4.6_KC0.6.jpg
no-errors_10.8.5-QC4.6_KC0.6.jpg80.03 KB

Scratchpole's picture

Yep everything else is working fine. No console messages about Kineme Core. (A few about _1024 plugins though ;)

Scratchpole's picture

Did a permissions repair, no change.

Scratchpole's picture

Success! I guess the permissions fix worked...now that I have added it to the Users/me/Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Patches once again.