_1024_UnPerspective

franz's picture

Dirty plugin to convert a parallelogram back to a square. Get it from http://www.1024d.wordpress.com

dust's picture
Re: _1024_UnPerspective

dude this totally awesome it makes the building look way different. was wondering what un perspective was. i can think of a bunch cool things you could do with this not just remapping buildings but like to help calibrating touches on un even tilted surfaces etc..

franz's picture

exactly, it can help calibrating touches, or matching camera input and projector output. I used it to lightpaint with a cigarette, initially.

gtoledo3's picture

This is going to take QC texel detection to some new places in ease.

If it ever becomes easy based on what you have here, to make a patch that simply outputs the difference between the skewed quad, and square, instead of correcting to square, it would have a great deal of potential for making all kinds of useful calcs.

I basically think it would be useful for making a rotation matrix ( I think I already mentioned this somewhere, so I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse, I'm just interested in the prospect of this ).

franz's picture

what do you mean ? outputting an openGL matrix ?

photonal's picture

wow thanks for the early christmas presents franz - totally inspirational stuff!

gtoledo3's picture

It seems as though, if one has the difference in values of each point between the quad one chooses, and the corrected square, if it is assumed that the area of the quad being corrected is square, one could then derive rotational values to place an object so that it looks like it's placed on that quad. It seems like with this plugin, you're basically half way to that.

franz's picture

I guess I'll have to not just restore the original matrix. I'll try to do that (and make an option of it). regards.

offonoll's picture

Yes!! this is what I need it!!!! Thank you!!! now I can track an IR light to generate the position... Gracias!!!!