Kineme: Quartz Composer Stuff
kineme.net is a community surrounding the development of Quartz Composer custom patches, plugins, and other hacks.
Register for an account to gain access to Beta Releases and email notifications of new content, post in forums and get to know other Quartz Composer users, and help steer the future of Kineme by voting in polls.
Post a Feature Request, or, if you have a tighter deadline, consider commissioning.
We're making a new multimedia visual programming environment called Vuo. Check out the new website, and read on to learn how we decided to take this path.
Changes since Kineme2D 1.1
- Added support for the SVG path command S ("smooth curveto") to the
Vector Structure With SVG patch.
Triangle Structure With Vector and
Extrusion With Vector will not generate triangles, and may under rare circumstances crash, when given a vector that intersects itself.
- The example composition
Kineme2D-latheBalloon.qtz doesn't work on 10.8 due to a bug in QC's
Vector Structure With SVG supports only a subset of the SVG language.
- Supported SVG features include:
- SVG files generated by Adobe Illustrator
- Some path elements (moveto, lineto, horizontal lineto, vertical lineto, curveto (cubic), smooth curveto, close)
- Basic shapes (rect, circle, ellipse, line, polyline, polygon)
- Stroke/fill attributes
- Unsupported SVG features include:
- Size units other than pixels (inches, ems, percentages, ...)
@bernardo created the Kineme2D logo.
@gtoledo3 and @usefuldesign.au contributed to the sample compositions.
Kineme2D uses the GNU Triangulated Surface Library, which is licensed under the LGPL. Our modifications are provided.
Changes since Kineme3D 1.7
3D Vertex Structure to Object patch.
3D Object Blend to blend UV coordinates in addition to vertices.
- OS 10.8 introduced changes to the OpenGL calls made in QC's Mesh and Sprite patches. In OS 10.8 a
Mesh Renderer patch rendered in the same scene and directly before a Kineme3D Object may corrupt the Kineme3D object's triangle buffer.
- If possible, modify the rendering order such that
3D Object Renderer is before the
Sprite patch, or not immediately following it.
3D Plane Generator and
3D Object Renderer in lieu of a
Changes since VideoTools 2.2
Blackmagic Capture patch.
- Added support for ProRes formats:
- ProRes 422
- ProRes 422 (Proxy)
- ProRes 422 (HQ)
- ProRes 4444
Blackmagic Capture patch has only been tested with the Blackmagic Decklink card
- ProRes 4444 format does not support transparency (so videos are fully opaque)
- H.264 videos stutter when played backwards
- All VideoTools patches provide only video input, not audio input
- Firewire cameras only support certain combinations of Color Coding, Resolution, and Framerate. Watch the Error output and Console log when troubleshooting.
- Due to issues with the underlying frameworks, video device info cannot be queried once a video device is in use. Therefore Video Device Info is only updated once: when the composition is first started.
New fortnightly poll: If Quartz Composer disappeared tomorrow, how would you get your work done?
You may choose more than one response, or write in your own scenario.
- By smokris ◆ (999) at 2012-09-17 18:40
Changes since Serial IO 0.2
- Released source code on GitHub.
Source code available on GitHub.
Changes since AudioTools 1.0
- Added "Channels" input to the
Kineme Audio Input patch, for specifying which channels to analyze (feature request).
- Tested on 10.8.
@gtoledo3 (http://qctwit.blogspot.com/) commissioned the development of the
Audio Embedded File patches.
Source code is available on GitHub.
Changes since DataTools 1.1
DTMultiExpressionPath so that underscores, logical
and, and logical
or no longer throw exceptions on use.
Kineme StructureTools, Kineme Value Historian, and Kineme Spooky must be uninstalled to use Kineme DataTools.
Changes since MultitouchPatch 1.0
MultitouchPatch so that output structure retains events in the order received. (feature request)
MultitouchPatch so that the output structure's key values are no longer integers, and thus compatible with the
Structure Key Member patch.
- Tested on 10.8.
New almost-fortnightly poll: If Quartz Compositions could run on iOS, what kind of app would you make with QC?
You may choose more than one response, or write in your own kind of app.
- By smokris ◆ (999) at 2012-09-04 23:18